Naftogaz to buy 2 bln cubic meters of Russian gas
Earlier, after a few rounds of trilateral negotiations, Ukraine, the Russian Federation and the European Commission agreed on conditions of gas supply for the coming winter season
Ukraine Naftogaz and Russia Gazprom agreed upon the winter gas package according to which Ukraine to buy more than 2 billion cubic meters of Russian gas at a discounted price, Russian Energy Minister Aleksandr Novak stated, Ria Novosti.
“The volume of gas Naftogaz is to buy will be a little more than 2 billion cubic meters due to the fact that the purchase is to be discounted,” Novak said.
Earlier, the Russian Federation, Ukraine and the European Commission have agreed on the so-called winter gas package, which Kyiv yet has to sign. According to the arrangement, the Ukrainian side undertakes to ensure the transit of natural gas through its territory to the EU, in particular by injection of 2 billion cubic meters of gas in its underground gas storage facilities for the next heating season which is to start from October 1 2015 till the end of March 2016. Based on these parameters, the price of gas purchases amounted to USD 250 per thousand cubic meters. Upon that, Russian government is to give Ukraine a discount on gas - about 20 dollars per thousand cubic meters.
As it was reported before, Naftogaz Ukraine received UDS 500 mln from the EU aimed for the purchase of natural gas from the Russian Federation. The chairman of the board of Naftogaz Ukraine Andriy Koboliev claimed Ukraine to expend the money given “gradually, as the need arises”.
Reportedly, the deputy Minister of Energy of the Russian Federation Anatoliy Yanovskiy claimed that Gazprom has not received yet an advanced payment from Naftogaz for the renewal of Russian gas supply to Ukraine, UNN stated.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars