Miners block Kyiv-Warsaw highway, protest against destruction of coal industry
No vehicles are let through
Miners of Volyn region (northwestern Ukraine) went on a strike at the Kyiv – Warsaw highway, blocking the border checkpoint of Yagodyn at the Ukraine-Poland state border. Mykhailo Volynets, leader of the Independent Miners’ Union posted this at Facebook.
According to him, the protesters blocked the road and don’t let the vehicles through.
Volynets said the strike is supposed to stop the "breakdown of the coal industry, brought to life by Minister of Energy and Coal Production Volodymyr Demchyshyn and Serhiy Tregubenko", the MP from pro-presidential party “Petro Poroshenko’s Bloc”. According to Volynets, miners from Volyn region and Donbas participate in the strike.
Previously, in March 2015, miners of Novovolynsk (northwestern Ukraine) blocked the Lviv-Lutsk highway, demanding to pay their wages.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain