Level of shadow economy in Ukraine decreased to 40% of GDP
The process of deshadowing Ukrainian economy in January-September 2015 was restrained by a number of unresolved problems
According to the document of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade, the level of shadow economy in Ukraine over the first nine months of 2015 decreased to 40% of GDP.
"According to the Ministry preliminary calculations, in January-September 2015 the level of shadow economy in Ukraine made 40% of official GDP, which is 1 point less compared to corresponding period of 2014," - said in a statement.
Ukrainian economy indicators have slightly improved after the period of turbulence.
The ministry noted that the process of deshadowing Ukrainian economy in January-September was restrained by a number of unresolved problems: significant tax burden on the corporate sector against the high cost of attracting credit resources; unfavorable external economic environment in key export markets; a reduction in internal demand for domestic products; rising costs for imported raw materials through the devaluation of the national currency and the additional import duty; significant investment risks; complication of international relations with the country's main trading partner (Russian Federation), as a result Ukraine lost its markets.
According to the Ministry, three of the four methods of Ukrainian shadow economy evaluation showed a decrease in its level compared to the first 9 months of 2014.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars