Joe Biden confirmed allocation of $1bln loan guarantee to Ukraine
The U.S. Vice-President with the Ukrainian President via phone conversation also discussed the Minsk deal fulfillment, economic reforms and anti-corruption initiatives
The U.S. is ready to give Ukraine the third tranche of loan guarantees totaling $ 1 billion, the U.S. Vice-President Joseph Biden told during the telephone conversation with President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko, the press office of the White House reported.
“Regarding economic reforms, the Vice President reiterated the U.S. willingness to provide a third $1 billion loan guarantee to Ukraine contingent on continued Ukrainian progress to investigate and prosecute corruption and ensure that Ukraine's tax reform is consistent with its IMF program,” said in a statement.
The sides discussed the implementation of Minsk Agreements, economic reforms and initiatives on combating corruption. Joe Biden also congratulated Petro Poroshenko on the conduct of Ukraine's local elections which “represent another milestone in the country's democratic development”, as said in a statement.
In addition, during the talk the leaders agreed that Russia and the separatists had to immediately fulfil President Putin's pledge from the October 2 Normandy leaders' meeting in Paris to grant full OSCE access to the entire territory of the Donbas.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case