IMF head Christine Lagarde to visit Ukraine September 6
IMF staff mission to come in order to monitor Ukraine's structural agenda and anticorruption framework
Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund Christine Lagarde is scheduled to come to Kyiv, stated Deputy Spokesman of the IMF Communications Department William Murray.
"Following Ankara, Managing Director Lagarde will travel to Ukraine. She’ll be in Kyiv on Sunday, September 6. She’ll have a series of meetings with country officials, parliamentarians, women leaders," according to the spokesperson.
After Lagarde's visit, IMF staff mission will be going to Kyiv, and their scheduled arrival is on September, 22. "The focus of this mission will be on the implementation of the program so far, the policies needed to achieve the objectives of the program going forward. Some of the topics of that mission will be the execution of the 2015 General Government Budget, tax and expenditure policy for next year, for 2016, and implementation of the authority's structural agenda and anticorruption framework," said William Murray.
As was reported before, Christine Lagarde welcomed agreement on the terms of the debt exchange offer between the Ukrainian government and the ad hoc Creditors’ Committee of holders of Ukraine’s sovereign and sovereign guaranteed debt. The sides negotiated about 20% writedown on $18bn of country's foreign debts.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas