IMF expects Ukrainian officials to take stock of political situation
The Fund’s Spokesman says the organization needs clearer situation in the Ukrainian Parliament to make its decision on the future of the EFF program
“We need more clarity about the status of the government and the parliamentary coalition in Ukraine, so that we can continue with the policy aimed at support and enhancement of the Ukrainian economy”, the IMF Spokesman Jerry Rice said at a press briefing in Washington on March 3 (Interfax-Ukraine).
Previously, Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko said that the parliamentary coalition is responsible for the reboot of the government, which some believe to be necessary to continue reforms in the country. Premier Arseniy Yatseniuk noted, that, though his government is entirely legitimate, it was time to “put an end to political uncertainty”.
Last month, the Parliament failed to fire Yatsenyuk’s government, providing not enough votes for the respective bill. Yatsenyuk has been chairing the Ukrainian Cabinet since spring 2014; since then, his government’s work received quite controversial evaluations, which often include criticism for unpopular decisions in social policy and accusations of corruption of specific officials.
Ukraine's Parliament to regulate mental health care issue 5 October, 17:02
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case