IBRD gives $ 300 mln loan for Ukrainian energy efficiency project
The initiative will be implemented in western-Ukrainian city of Ternopil
The International Bank of Reconstruction and Development loans Ukraine 300 million dollars within project dubbed “Efficient energy boosting in Ukrainian central heat supply”, said the Ministry of Regional Development and Trade (Ekonomichna Pravda).
According to the ministry’s press service, a communal enterprise in Ternopil, western Ukraine, will participate in the project. “The company is to receive almost USD 24.7 million for reconstruction of 9 boiler houses, construction of 2 cogeneration stations, setting 311 individual heat buildings et cetera”, the Ministry’s press service informed.
Initially, 8 Ukrainian cities will take part in the project: Ternopil, Vinnytsia, Kamianets-Podilsky (all in western Ukraine), Dnipropetrovsk, Kharkiv (eastern Ukraine), Mykolayiv, Kherson (southern Ukraine) and Chernihiv (northern Ukrane).
Previously, Ukraine's Energy Minister Volodymyr Demchyshyn stressed Ukraine is on the way to gaining energy independence from Russia, and has enough assets to produce electricity.
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee