Government approved the bill on electricity market
Minister says the law creates opportunities for de-monopolization of the market
“We offer an opportunity for consumers and producers to make contracts; that’s what they call the market of bilateral negotiations. It will give consumers the right to choose, and producers will also be able to choose the consumers who will bring them more profit”, said Minister of Energy and Coal Production Volodymyr Demchyshyn. He presented the document at the session of the Cabinet on Wednesday.
According to the Minister, the law foresees that the state-run regional electricity companies will merelypass the energy to other companies-suppliers, which have nothing in common with the state-run companies. The latter will supply the power to households.
The draft bill was presented to domestic experts in July last year. Now that the document is approved, it is to be considered by the Parliament.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain