Gazprom planned to halt gas supplies to Ukraine
Supply stops till the arriving of new payments
Supplies of Russian gas to Naftogaz Ukrainy are being stopped because of ending of prepayments, said Olexiy Miller, Gazprom CEO, reported Interfax-Ukraine.
'Today, at 10:00 a.m. Naftogaz Ukrainy chose a prepaid volumes of Russian gas. New prepayment was not received. There are no applications for gas supply from Naftogaz Ukrainy. Thus, supplies are terminated till arriving the new payments from Ukrainian company, - stated Miller .
Miller said that 'at the same time, already now, before the arrival of serious cold, Ukraine has begun the active offtake of gas from underground storage facilities, which were not filled sufficiently. The refusal to buy Russian gas is creating serious risks for the reliable transit of gas to Europe along the territory of Ukraine and for the gas supply of Ukrainian consumers during the approaching winter'.
Andriy Kobolev, chairman of Naftogaz Ukrainy, said that Ukraine will provide its needs for gas this winter if Russia will block delivery.
Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine expects that gas supplies in the I quarter of 2016 year will be agreed with Russia till December 20.
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case