French and British companies won tenders for EBRD-funded gas supplies to Ukraine
Both companies are the current suppliers for Ukraine’s state enterprise Naftogaz
British and French gas companies won the first three tenders for gas supplies to Ukraine, which are funded by the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD). Ukraine’s leading state enterprise Naftogaz reported this December 17.
“Noble Clean Fuels Limited” (the United Kingdom) won two tenders, another one was won by ENGIE SA (France). Both are current gas suppliers for the Naftogaz”, reads the message on the company’s website.
The companies will supply gas to Ukraine in January and February. Part of the EBRD-allocated funds will cover the supplies-related expenses.
Earlier, in October this year, Naftogaz signed an agreement with the EBRD on allowing a loan of USD 300 mln to fund the gas supplies to Ukraine. The costs were allocated to purchase 1 billion cubic meters of gas from the companies.
The loan is a three-year-long open-end credit. During the period, Naftogaz can partially repay the loan, and borrow the same sum again.
Earlier, Head of Naftogaz Andriy Kobolev said that by the end of the year, the company will start buying gas using the EBRD loan.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case