Ferrari and Lamborghini shut down official sales in Ukraine
The Ukrainian market is not ready for sales of these cars due to economic situation in the country
Famous Italian car companies Ferrari and Lamborghini shut down official sales in Ukraine, AUTO-Consulting reports.
The official supplies of these cars to Ukraine were provided by Vipos company.
According to Vipos’s CEO Viktor Postelnikov, in current conditions, the Ukrainian market is currently not ready to purchase or sell the cars. In his words, Ferrari and Lamborghini products require special conditions and high standards of sales and services.
“For the last seven years, an owner of Ferrari had an opportunity to receive free maintenance at a service station in Kyiv, and a number of other preferences. The service level is of the same high quality across the globe. One has to meet the requirements”, Postelnikov said.
The only Ferrari car dealership in Kyiv was opened in June 2011, with the most available price at EUR 252 370 (Ferrari California). That year, the dealership sold all cars; in 2014, only 2 cars were sold, and last year, just one model was sold.
“Most of Ukrainian citizens won’t even notice the shutdown of official sales of Ferrari and Lamborghini. This tendency fully reflects the situation in the Ukrainian luxury segment. The decision to shut down the official sales is also a sort of reaction of the Italian companies to the Ukrainian government’s initiative to impose the wealth tax upon owners of luxury cars”, said the CEO of Vipos company.
Previously, Ukrainian MPs supported introduction of the wealth tax by submitting changes to the Tax Code and several other laws of Ukraine regarding the tax reform. According to the submitted changes, now the owners of such vehicles (engine of more than 3 thousand cubic cm in volume, no more than 5 years in service) will have to pay an annual tax at the rate of USD 1,000.
The Finance Ministry reported the tax would concern some 17 thousand vehicles in Ukraine.
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas