Expenditures for arms and military vehicles to grow to 21% next year, - Poroshenko
The expenditures on training the Armed Forces will grow by 6%
Ukraine is about to change the military budget structure, President Petro Poroshenko said during his speech in Kyiv translated by 112.ua TV channel.
“We are depressed by the war and the economic aggression unleashed by Russia. For most Ukrainian producers, Russian markets are unavailable. Russia simply bans our products ,and we will take it into account. We will effectively use the means at our disposal and change the military budget structure”, said the President.
According to him, in the coming year, expenditures for arms and military vehicles will grow from 15 to 21%. “Besides, we foresee an increase in expenditures for training the Armed Forces – from 3 to 6%. The intensity of combat training grew more than threefold this year. Next year, the servicemen’s wages will grow almost twice”, Poroshenko noted.
According to the draft budget, released by the Finance Ministry on Thursday, in the coming year, about 4.5% of Ukraine’s GDP (about USD 4 bln) will be spent on defense and national security.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars