European gas supplies and reserves in underground gas storage facilities will be enough for heating season - Demchyshyn
Ukraine stopped gas purchases from Russia on Monday
During live broadcasting from Verchovna Rada by TV Channel '112 Ukraine', Volodymyr Demchyshyn, Head of Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine, reported that Ukraine will use reserves in underground gas storage facilities and gas supplies from Europe during the heating season in Ukraine.
'At this moment, Ukrainian storage facilities contain more than 16.4 billion cubic meters of gas. This is enough to pass this heating season with the supplies from EU, so now the dependence from Russia for gas supplies is absent. We have enough gas, so I request to reduce the degree of discussion, the situation is under control', said the Minister.
Earlier on Monday, Gazprom announced the termination of Russian gas deliveries to Ukraine in connection with the prepayment. As the result, Arseniy Yatsenyuk, Prime Minister of Ukraine commissioned Naftogaz Ukraine to stop gas purchases from Russia.
Andriy Kobolev, Head of Naftogaz Ukraine, assured that Ukraine will provide its need for gas this winter if Russia cuts supplies.
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain