EIB to enhance support to large corporate business in Ukraine
Conditions for funding and investment are improving in the country, the bank’s representative says
The European Investment Bank (EIB) plans to extend support of large corporate business in Ukraine in the current year, said EIB Senior Corporate Banker Jean-Jacques Soulacroup (Interfax-Ukraine).
“This year, we are eager to support private business, and not only small and medium business, but entities of large corporate business as well. Only 11 percent of our portfolio is allocated for funding large corporate business. Our goal is to assist leading companies with good management and potential for development. We’re determined to work with those who suffered current economic situation”, he said at an international conference in Kyiv on January 29.
Soulacroup added that such companies need long-term money, too, and that’s what the EIB can provide. However, for that the organization needs support of other financial authoritative bodies.
According to the official, the bank allocated about EUR 800 mln to fund Ukraine’s large corporate business. “We expect to keep the funding volumes at the same level, maybe even extend the suppot”, the EIB representative said. According to him, the bank also negotiates with the Ukrainian government on funding projects in area of transport, energy and trade support.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars