EBRD granted $300 mln loan to Ukraine for gas purchase - Naftogaz
Credit agreement between the EBRD and Ukraine tied with the government guarantee to reform Naftogaz corporate governance
Ukraine has signed loan arrangements with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) for $ 300 million to finance the purchase of gas, the press service of Naftogaz reports.
"Today in Berlin Minister of Finance of Ukraine Natalie Jaresko and EBRD First Vice-President Phil Bennett signed a government guarantee agreement on EBRD loan to finance the purchase of gas of Naftogaz company.The funds in the amount of $ 300 million are intended for the purchase of about 1 billion cubic meters of gas on the western border of Ukraine. One of the conditions of the EBRD loan is the implementation by the Government of Ukraine of the Action Plan on corporate governance reform in Naftogaz. By signing the indemnity contract with the loan agreement, Ukraine undertakes the commitment to realize this plan,” said in a statement.
In addition, the loan agreement was signed by the EBRD Managing Director for Energy and Natural Resources, Riccardo Puliti, and the CEO of Naftogaz, Andriy Kobolev, stated at the EBRD website. The loan is tied to a programme of corporate governance reforms at NJSC (National Joint Stock Company) Naftogaz.
"The EBRD loan is conditional upon a programme of corporate restructuring at Naftogaz, including the creation of a supervisory board of independent and qualified directors, the introduction of internal audit, compliance, anti-corruption and risk management functions and an ownership and governance structure in line with best international practice," said in a statement.
Also, provided loan is renewable for a period of 3 years. Within 3 years Naftogaz may partially return the loan and then again re-borrow this amount.
The arrangements between Ukraine and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) were signed on the fringes of Ukraine-Germany economic business forum, which started in Berlin today, October 23. Ukrainian delegation headed by the Prime-Minister of Ukraine Arsenii Yatseniuk holds negotiations with German Chancellor Angela Merkel and other represantatives of German government and business.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars