Cabinet of Ministers announced the start of national debt restructuring
Ukraine temporarily suspends making payments on the debt obligations
The Cabinet of Ministers issued a decree on the start of restructuring of national and government-guaranteed debt and its partial relief. This is stated in the Government Decree № 978-p of September 22.
"From September 23, 2015, temporary suspension of the repayment and servicing of national and government-guaranteed debt is entered," the document says.
According to the decree, Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Infrastructure are instructed to temporarily suspend payments on debt, and the State Treasury Service to stop operations with funds allocated in the state budget for the aim of repayment and servicing of the national debt.
Recall, that the restructuring enables Ukraine to cancel $ 3.6 billion debt to private creditors. September 17, Verkhovna Rada passed the government-initiated package of laws on the restructuring of the national debt. September 18, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko signed these laws.
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
What to expect from Normandy Quartet meeting? 19 October, 17:59
Another Ukrainian scandal in Netherlands: Blackmail which didn't happen 24 October, 21:40
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case