Vodka production reduced by quarter, cognac production increased
State Service of Statistics says about a reduction in the production of vodka in Ukraine since the beginning of the year
At the same time, the production of cognacs increased.
The production of vodka (with alcohol content less than 45.4%) declined by 25,7% during the first 2015 half-year compared to the same period in 2014 up to 8.348 million decaliters, said UNIAN.
In June of this year vodka production was 1.387 million dal, which is 64.7% less than in June 2014, but 13.2% more than in May 2015.
According to the State Statistics Service, production of cognac and brandy for the last six months increased by 28.7% compared to January-June 2014, and amounted to 1.305 mln decalitres. In June 2015 cognac and brandy production amounted to 0.208 mln decalitres, which is 34.2% more than in June 2014, and 6.3% more than in May.
Also, the volume of liquor and other alcoholic beverages in Ukraine in January-June 2015 decreased by 13.2% compared to the same period last year and amounted to 4.278 mln decalitres. In June, production of liqueurs and other alcoholic beverages amounted to 0.825 mln decalitres, which is 15.6% less than in June last year.
As reported, from autumn this year price for alcohol is to rise by 40%.
The leaders of Ukrainian alcohol exports are Bayadera Holding (66th position in the Forbes 200 largest Ukrainian companies ratings), Ukrainian distributional company (82nd place), Sun Inbev Ukraine (94), Carlsberg Ukraine (95), Obolon (98), Nemiroff (111), Olymp (196).
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case