Vinnytsia energy independence through energy-from-waste
The local city garbage dump in Vinnytsia turned into electricity generator
12 gas producing wells with each 20 meters of depth are located on the area of the local garbage dump in order to provide the gas for electricity.
It is extracted from the methane gas which is naturally released from the waste on the ground. Extracted methane goes to the factory processing gas to electricity, situated in few tens of meters from the dump. It provides the main thing which is landfill degassing, i.e. depriving harmful methane. In case of round-the-clock working the installation produces 24 megawatt, which is enough to provide a small region with electricity.
Consumers complain about producing electricity, literally, from nothing meanwhile tariffs don’t decrease. In fact, the territory became much cleaner, but it doesn’t influence on the tariffs.
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain