Ukrainian fish catch amounted to 19.2 thousand tons
In 2015 Ukraine harvested 19.2 thousand tons of saltwater and freshwater fish
As stated by State Agency of Fisheries, this year rates of landed fish shows as a positive dynamics. It was achieved by increasing the catch of species like sprat, goby, and silver carp. The total saltwater and freshwater fish catch remains at the level of 2014 - 35 096 thousand tons.
The absence of growth in total fish catch is caused by the transfer of ocean vessels ship in freight and non-reporting the Ukrainian statistical authorities, according to State Agency of Fisheries
At the same time, Ukraine doubled the catch of krill in the world open oceans, compared to 2014, amounted to 13.4 thousand tons.
Inland fishery tends to decline, as the catch is 5.9 thousand tons, which is 10% less than the same period last year. This decrease is provoked by the situation in the east and the energy prices rise.
The volume of commodity fish products also reduced by 22.8%, which is associated with a decrease in the purchasing power.
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars