Ukraine stored 1.5 bln tons of coal for the coming heating season, but this number should be twice as larger
The main problem is lack of funds for the coal purchase
Ministry of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine expects to accumulate about 3 mln tons of coal to thermal power stations to get prepared for 2015-2016 heating season, stated the head of the Ministry of Energy and Coal Mining of Ukraine Volodymyr Demchyshyn - UNIAN.
"We plan to accumulate 3 million tons of coal of different brands in DTEK energy holding company and Centrenergo, - said Demchyshyn. – Our today coal reserves is 1.5 mln tons. About 600 of them is anthracite coal".
The minister explained that the main problem in the accumulation of coal is the lack of funds for its purchase.
As reported earlier, Prime Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatsenyuk July 31 announced that the energy sector of Ukraine suffers from crisis. Yatsenyuk also claimed that 50% Municipal or urban engineering are not ready for the heating period.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case