Ukraine and the Committee of creditors made progress in talks in Washington
Negotiating on restructuring of the external debt of Ukraine were successful
July 15, 2015 in Washington Minister of Finance of Ukraine Natalia Jaresko conferred the debt operation with members of the special Committee of creditors of Ukraine.
Negotiating on restructuring of the external debt of Ukraine, owned by fifteen major funds, the largest of which is Franklin Templeton, were successful, stated the press office. The press office of Ukrainian Ministry of Finance announced that during the meeting the parties managed to iron out the divergences and misunderstandings.
Further meetings between the two sides are scheduled for next week to finalize the terms of the debt operation as soon as possible.
As reported before, since the beginning of last year, Ukraine paid $ 2.2 bln to the credit funds.
December 17, 2013 Viktor Yanukovych and Vladimir Putin arranged to grant Ukraine a loan of $ 15 bln. Ukraine received only $ 3 bln, Russian state banks purchased Ukrainian Eurobonds (Eurobonds were issued on December 20, maturing in 2015, the coupon rate of 5% and its every 6 months payments).
Currently Ukraine keeps negotiations on external debt restructuration; the issue will be considered by the International Monetary Fund.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain