Ukraine already harvested 13.5 mln tons of grains
Particularly, 8.8 tons of wheat are already threshed, states Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food
Particularly, 8.8 mln tons of wheat, 4.4 mln tons of barley, 285 ths. tons of peas, 841 ths. tons of rapeseed are already threshed.
As states the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food, the leaders of threshed grain are Odessa region (2.5 million tons), Mykolaiv (1.7 mln tons), Dnipropetrovsk (1.5 mln tons), Zaporizhia and Kherson (by 1.2 mln tons).
The average yield of this year harvest 32.1 c /ha. At the same time the highest yield of grain and leguminous is observed in Volyn region, 49.8 c / ha), Khmelnytsky (48.3 c / ha), and Ivano-Frankivsk region (47.1 c / ha).
The rate of harvest from time to time is constrained by adverse weather conditions. 6 regions threshed less than 10% of their farmlands due to heavy precipitation. The situation is also complicated by the lacking number of harvesting machines. Currently, there are 50 thousand of combines in Ukraine, among which only 20 thousand are highly productive. Average load for on one combine harvester is 135 hectares.
Ministry also expects that area sown with winter cereals for 2016 will be 7.4 mln ha.
The total area under crops in all categories of farms during harvest in 2015 is 26.7 mln hectares of grain wedge - 14.7 mln hectares or 55%.
As was reported before, US will help Ukraine to harvest by carrying supplies of agricultural equipment amounted to $1 bln, as said the Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine Oleksiy Pavlenko.
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars