US food company Cargill to invest $130 mln into sea port in Odesa
A new grain terminal will appear in “Yuzhnyi” sea port
The US Cargill international food conglomerate has planned investments of about $130 mln in “Yuzhnyi” sea port in Odesa, states Ministry of Infrastructure. A trilateral memorandum on the purchase is already signed by the Cargill Chairman Martin Schuldt, “Seaports of Ukraine” company representatives and “Cargo Service” company.
“Ukraine has a huge potential in the agricultural sector, which is to increase in the nearest future. Cargill has a need for additional infrastructure to be able to handle more cargo. Construction of the terminal in the port "Yuzhnyi" will allow us to send out 70% export of our Ukrainian grain traffic," stated Martin Schuldt.
The signed document is certifying Cargill company to acquire 51% of the transshipment terminal, which will be built by a "Cargo Service" stevedoring company within the "Yuzhnyi" port. Under the memorandum, AMPU is to establish proper dredging of terminal waters.
“The investments is real beneficial, as it has a positive impact on the all levels of economy. The new terminal means increasing port charges, more revenues in local and state budgets, more jobs for Ukrainians. In fact, Cargill investment to bring new 350 job offers in Odesa region,” commented Minister of Infrastructure Andriy Pyvovarsky.
Brawl between pro-Kremlin activists and Right Sector members in Odesa 10 October, 09:15
Earthquake in Romania: aftershocks reached Ukraine 24 September, 11:30
Ante for Odesa portside plant makes USD 150 million, - State Property Fund 23 September, 11:28
Turkey proachers’ boat sank during storm in Odesa 13 October, 13:48
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars