The balance of foreign trade in Ukraine in January-May 2015 increased by 2.5 times compared to 2014
At the same time exports and imports decreased by over 30%
The positive balance of foreign trade in Ukraine in January-May 2015 increased by 2.5 times compared to the same period of 2014 (excluding Crimea and ATO zone), according to the State Statistics Service
“In January-May 2015 exports of goods amounted to $15.4 bln., import was $14.5bln. In comparison with January-May 2014 exports declined by 35.9% ($8.7 bln.), while import - by 38.8% ($9.2 bln.). The surplus was $909.2 mln. (January-May 2014 it was positive al well, $364.7 mln),” stated in the report by Statistics Service.
Trading operations were conducted with 205 countries. Main exports of Ukraine are metals, metal products, and herbal products.
Ukraine exported goods to the EU exported goods amounting to $5.1 bln., representing 33.5% of total exports. Compared to the same period last year the figure dropped to 35.9%.
As for imports, 32.9% of imports are mineral products, 14.5% - mechanical and electrical machinery, 14.1% - chemical products. EU goods import to Ukraine amounted to $ 6.2 bln., representing 42.2% of total imports. Moreover, this index decreased by 25.6% compared to the same period last year.
The largest trading partners of Ukraine are the Russian Federation, Turkey, China and Egypt. Thus, Ukrainian goods export to Russia amounted to 1.8 bln, and imported from Russia goods worth $ 2.3 bln., The deficit amounted to $518 mln.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars