Russian "Gazprom" filed lawsuit against "Naftogaz Ukraine"
Now the value of the claim is $ 29.2 bln
As it came to light, June 12, "Gazprom" presented a response to "Naftogaz Ukraine" claim, leading it to the Stockholm arbitration. It has also lodged a counter- lawsuit, voicing the total amount of its claims within the arbitration proceedings. According to the last half-year report, it is $ 29.2 bln.
In particular, this sum includes $ 2.604 bln debt for 2013-2014 gas deliveries plus interest. Another $ 200 mln "Gazprom" demands for the illegal supply of gas to the occupied Donbas territories. The rest of the amount is the fine for the "take or pay" contract for 2012, 2013 and 2014.
In early May 2015 "Gazprom" claimed to the Stockholm arbitration on some $ 23.837 bln. Then, in late May, the head of "Gazprom" Alexei Miller said that the company will send a new submission to arbitration with a claim another $ 8.197 bln of penalty.
Stockholm court decision on the "Gazprom" vs. "Naftogaz" case is expected to appear in June 2016.
"Gazprom" Public Joint Stock Company is the largest extractor of natural gas in the world and one of the world's largest companies.
Naftogaz is the national oil and state-owned gas company of Ukraine, involved with extraction, transportation, and refinement of natural gas and crude oil.
Claims against Ukraine in MH17 case 30 September, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case