Prosecutor’s office is not able to fight corruption - US Ambassador
On the Ambassador’s opinion, internal corruption destroys the General Prosecutor’s office of Ukraine
"It is an obstacle - the inability of the General Prosecutor’s office to successfully fight internal corruption. Instead of supporting reforms in Ukraine and working towards the eradication of corruption, corrupted official pests worsen the situation, openly and aggressively undermining reforms", stated US Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey R. Pyatt during his speech at Odesa Financial Forum.
Pyatt noted, that the prosecutor's office system resists the will of Ukrainian leaders to change the country and expressed his support for Deputies Prosecutor General David Sakvarelidze and Vitaliy Kasko.
The US has provided $ 2 million for reforms in the Ukrainian Prosecutor's Office and fighting corruption in this structure, said Pyatt.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain