Poland asks Ukraine to help with electricity supply
Due to the accident in the power system Poland suffers power shortage
Polish dispatchers turned to Ukraine for help with electrical power supply, stated Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine Volodymyr Demchyshyn. Due to the abnormal heat Poland was forced to take measures on power grid cut electricity. It has set the limitations on power usage – from 10 AM to 5 PM, and the electricity consumption of large industrial entities is essentially bounded too.
Demchyshyn stated that currently Ukraine is not capable to give a hand to Poland in this electricity delivery issue.
The energy generating units are currently unavailable. Two stations in Burshtyn thermal power plant, which exports power to Europe, and two more units Ladyzhyn power plant, which are capable to deliver electricity to Poland, are being renovated, according to the minister.
As was reported before, Ukraine stopped exporting electricity to Poland since mid-July.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case