One-third of Ukrainian banks are unprofitable – National Bank
12 of the 14 Ukrainian largest banks faced losses for the first half 2015
National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) states that the total loss of the banking system for the first half 2015 reached $3 bln losses, what means that on 10 insolvent banks there are 62.5% of the total loss. Delta Bank faced the greatest losses. As for Omega and Ukrkomunbank, a zero financial result was declader.
According to NBU, 12 of the 14 largest banks faced losses. Thus, 45 out of 137 Ukrainian banks got $3 bln losses for the first half 2015. At the same time, 90 out of 137 Ukrainian banks made a profit totaling $145mln.
NBU experts suppose that the negative financial result of the banking system was formed at the expense of significant allocations to reserves for possible losses from active operations, in particular, for loans of borrowers whose solvency has deteriorated. In the first half 2015 the deductions to reserves 4.4 times exceeded the volume for the deductions of the corresponding period last year. Smaller banks at the end of six months received $21 mln profit, including a negative result was observed in 13 of the 75 banks.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case