IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde and President Poroshenko talked on Ukraine-IMF cooperation
Also during the meeting they condemned the populists in Verkhovna Rada
International Monetary Fund (IMF) Managing Director Christine Lagarde noted the significant achievements of Ukraine in the reform proceeding, as stated by the press service of the president.
Poroshenko briefed Lagarde about the implementation of reforms in Ukraine concerning banking, taxes, judicial issues and decentralization.
They also condemned the unjustified populism that is more and more heard from Ukrainian politicians in the Parliament.
Today Ukraine was waiting for a decision on further IMF cooperation program Extended Fund Facility (EFF). As was reported before, Christine Lagarde expressed her optimism for a positive decision of the Board on the results of the EFF first review.
Earlier President Poroshenko said that the IMF approved allocation the next tranche in the amount of $1.7 bln.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case