13:13 24.01.2017 Poroshenko urges Finnish authorities to increase pressure on Russia in hostage release issue
ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine bv closes its Kyiv office
This decision came month after Chevron decided to stop its work in Ukraine
As it came to light, the heads of ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine bv decided to close its office in Kyiv August 3, states the press office of the company. The decision does not touch the other ExxonMobil offices in Ukraine.
Ukraine in 2012 held a competition for the conclusion of a production sharing agreement (PSA) on the Scythian area on the Black Sea shelf. The winner was a consortium led by ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine BV (40%), Shell (35%), Austria's OMV in the face of the Romanian "daughter" Petrom (15%) and NAK "Nadra Ukrainy" (10%).
After the annexation of Crimea by Russia, US Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey R. Pyatt in June next year, said that the American ExxonMobil does not plan to develop the Crimean Black Sea shelf.
Earlier, the total investments in the Scythian area was estimated at $ 10-12 bln, the projected annual production of natural gas was up to 3-4 bln cubic meters, revenues amounted to $80-90 bln.
As previously reported, ExxonMobil froze almost all projects in Russia due to the US sanctions. ExxonMobil has had continuous downstream business involvement for 20 years in Ukraine.
- FINANCE14:14Economy Ministry: Ukraine needs to develop exports and tourism
- POLITICS13:35US Senate confirms Pompeo as CIA director
- POLITICS13:13Poroshenko urges Finnish authorities to increase pressure on Russia in hostage release issue
- FINANCE12:52Private companies to import 15 times more gas into Ukraine
- POLITICS12:26Ariev re-elected as PACE Committee on Education, Science and Culture President
- UKRAINE CRISIS 12:20National Police official fired for commemorating Berkut officer
- POLITICS11:42Poroshenko conducts meeting with Finland President
- SOCIETY10:45Protesters burn tires at the approaches to Kyiv
- POLITICS10:11Ukraine friendly General Mattis speaks with NATO chief
- POLITICS09:29Poroshenko to officially visit Finland today
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
16:11, 23 January Another cold spell expected in Ukraine
16:06, 23 January Ukrainian issue to be discussed at PACE winter session in Strasbourg