ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine bv closes its Kyiv office
This decision came month after Chevron decided to stop its work in Ukraine
As it came to light, the heads of ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine bv decided to close its office in Kyiv August 3, states the press office of the company. The decision does not touch the other ExxonMobil offices in Ukraine.
Ukraine in 2012 held a competition for the conclusion of a production sharing agreement (PSA) on the Scythian area on the Black Sea shelf. The winner was a consortium led by ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine BV (40%), Shell (35%), Austria's OMV in the face of the Romanian "daughter" Petrom (15%) and NAK "Nadra Ukrainy" (10%).
After the annexation of Crimea by Russia, US Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey R. Pyatt in June next year, said that the American ExxonMobil does not plan to develop the Crimean Black Sea shelf.
Earlier, the total investments in the Scythian area was estimated at $ 10-12 bln, the projected annual production of natural gas was up to 3-4 bln cubic meters, revenues amounted to $80-90 bln.
As previously reported, ExxonMobil froze almost all projects in Russia due to the US sanctions. ExxonMobil has had continuous downstream business involvement for 20 years in Ukraine.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:25Day in Donbas: 9 shelling of militants, Ukrainian soldier wounded
- POLITICS21:38Elections in Germany: Schulz heads into opposition
- POLITICS20:52Merkel's party wins German elections with result of 32.2% - exit polls data
- POLITICS20:03Trump urges fans to boycott American Football Championship
- SOCIETY18:26Unauthorized rally against war with Ukraine taking place in St. Petersburg
- POLITICS17:37Turnout at elections to Bundestag is higher than four years ago
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:52OSCE reports strengthening of militants' positions near Luhansk
- POLITICS16:04North Korea declares "inevitability" of launching missiles over US
- POLITICS15:18Ukraine enlists Canada's support in promoting idea of peacekeepers in G7
- UKRAINE TOP 14:32Ukrainian killed in refugee camp in Germany, - media
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:17, 20 September Unrest in Odesa: 36 law enforcement officers wounded
17:11, 20 September Russia: UN peacekeepers should only guard OSCE observers in Donbas