ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine bv closes its Kyiv office
This decision came month after Chevron decided to stop its work in Ukraine
As it came to light, the heads of ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine bv decided to close its office in Kyiv August 3, states the press office of the company. The decision does not touch the other ExxonMobil offices in Ukraine.
Ukraine in 2012 held a competition for the conclusion of a production sharing agreement (PSA) on the Scythian area on the Black Sea shelf. The winner was a consortium led by ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine BV (40%), Shell (35%), Austria's OMV in the face of the Romanian "daughter" Petrom (15%) and NAK "Nadra Ukrainy" (10%).
After the annexation of Crimea by Russia, US Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey R. Pyatt in June next year, said that the American ExxonMobil does not plan to develop the Crimean Black Sea shelf.
Earlier, the total investments in the Scythian area was estimated at $ 10-12 bln, the projected annual production of natural gas was up to 3-4 bln cubic meters, revenues amounted to $80-90 bln.
As previously reported, ExxonMobil froze almost all projects in Russia due to the US sanctions. ExxonMobil has had continuous downstream business involvement for 20 years in Ukraine.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:58Militants blew up railway line in Luhansk region, which could carry coal
- POLITICS14:12Lavrov comments on Artemenko plan to "rent Crimea"
- UKRAINE TOP 13:55Prayer service to commemorate Heavenly Hundred held in Kyiv
- SOCIETY13:36Ukraine holds moment of silence in memory of Heavenly Hundred Heroes
- POLITICS13:01Kremlin knows nothing about Artemenko plan on lifting sanctions against Russia
- UKRAINE TOP 12:59Prominent Ukrainian music video director died yesterday
- POLITICS12:49Luftwaffe fighter jets to fly in Estonian air space
- FINANCE12:26Vladislav Rashkovan appointed as new Ukraine Representative in IMF
- UKRAINE TOP 12:21Ukraine is Russian beer, meat biggest importer because of Donbas
- POLITICS11:48Lyashko requires Artemenko leave his party after his statements on Crimea
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
02:36, 18 February FIFA World Cup 2018: Russian fans threaten to attack Englishmen
02:29, 18 February Ukraine's energy sector temporarily switches to emergency mode