ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine bv closes its Kyiv office
This decision came month after Chevron decided to stop its work in Ukraine
As it came to light, the heads of ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine bv decided to close its office in Kyiv August 3, states the press office of the company. The decision does not touch the other ExxonMobil offices in Ukraine.
Ukraine in 2012 held a competition for the conclusion of a production sharing agreement (PSA) on the Scythian area on the Black Sea shelf. The winner was a consortium led by ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine BV (40%), Shell (35%), Austria's OMV in the face of the Romanian "daughter" Petrom (15%) and NAK "Nadra Ukrainy" (10%).
After the annexation of Crimea by Russia, US Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey R. Pyatt in June next year, said that the American ExxonMobil does not plan to develop the Crimean Black Sea shelf.
Earlier, the total investments in the Scythian area was estimated at $ 10-12 bln, the projected annual production of natural gas was up to 3-4 bln cubic meters, revenues amounted to $80-90 bln.
As previously reported, ExxonMobil froze almost all projects in Russia due to the US sanctions. ExxonMobil has had continuous downstream business involvement for 20 years in Ukraine.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:39Macron notes dynamics in Normandy Format talks on Ukrainian crisis
- SOCIETY17:21Microsoft plans to remove Paint from Windows
- RUSSIA17:01Kremlin says they place their troops on their territory as they see fit
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:43Poroshenko calls on Russia to stop aggression, asks for UN mission
- POLITICS16:27Claim about creation of Malorossiya is inadmissible, - Macron, Merkel
- UKRAINE TOP 16:04Ukrainian businessman made fake Oxford awards for many years, - The Times
- UKRAINE TOP 15:47Power lines of Donetsk filtration plant repaired
- POLITICS15:31Normandy Four holds telephone conversation
- SOCIETY15:058th Odesa International Film Festival winds up
- FINANCE14:58Tax police officers hold searches at 41 alcohol plants
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
16:21, 21 July Earthquake in Aegean Sea claims at least two lives