23:48 26.04.2017 EU triumph or chance for populists' revenge: Reverse side of French presidential elections
23:07 26.04.2017 Minsk group did not find solution on trade blockade and nationalization of Ukrainian enterprises in Donbas, — Sajdik
22:18 26.04.2017 Ukrainian Ombudsman Lutkovska says Russia is not implementing UN court decision regarding Crimean Tatars
19:29 26.04.2017 Trilateral Contact Group agrees to rapidly verify list of hostages who are not willing to move to occupied territories
ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine bv closes its Kyiv office
This decision came month after Chevron decided to stop its work in Ukraine
As it came to light, the heads of ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine bv decided to close its office in Kyiv August 3, states the press office of the company. The decision does not touch the other ExxonMobil offices in Ukraine.
Ukraine in 2012 held a competition for the conclusion of a production sharing agreement (PSA) on the Scythian area on the Black Sea shelf. The winner was a consortium led by ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Ukraine BV (40%), Shell (35%), Austria's OMV in the face of the Romanian "daughter" Petrom (15%) and NAK "Nadra Ukrainy" (10%).
After the annexation of Crimea by Russia, US Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey R. Pyatt in June next year, said that the American ExxonMobil does not plan to develop the Crimean Black Sea shelf.
Earlier, the total investments in the Scythian area was estimated at $ 10-12 bln, the projected annual production of natural gas was up to 3-4 bln cubic meters, revenues amounted to $80-90 bln.
As previously reported, ExxonMobil froze almost all projects in Russia due to the US sanctions. ExxonMobil has had continuous downstream business involvement for 20 years in Ukraine.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:05Militants shell 47 times in ATO area, one Ukrainian soldier killed
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5118 attacks reported over past day in Donbas, one Ukrainian soldier wounded
- UKRAINE TOP 23:07Minsk group did not find solution on trade blockade and nationalization of Ukrainian enterprises in Donbas, — Sajdik
- UKRAINE TOP 22:18Ukrainian Ombudsman Lutkovska says Russia is not implementing UN court decision regarding Crimean Tatars
- UA & EU21:33European Parliament launched procedure to lift Le Pen immunity
- UKRAINE TOP 20:50Security Service caught eight companies using Russian spyware
- UKRAINE TOP 20:14Fan zone layout for Eurovision on Khreshchatyk made public
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:29Trilateral Contact Group agrees to rapidly verify list of hostages who are not willing to move to occupied territories
- UKRAINE TOP 18:46Two military officers died during training in Kharkiv region
- UKRAINE TOP 18:22Moscow court extended arrest of Sushchenko until June 30
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:22, 26 April Anniversary of Chernobyl nuclear disaster in Ukraine
19:11, 26 April EU Ambassadors approve EU-Ukraine visa-free regime