EBRD and Ukraine signed a Memorandum of capital market development
EBRD is ready to support the financial sector Ukraine
Securities and Stock Market State Commission, National Bank of Ukraine and Ministry of Finance together with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development have signed a Memorandum of capital market development, siad UNIAN.
This memorandum contains the updated needs assessment of Ukrainian market, points of development of depository infrastructure, new capital market instruments as an alternative to the banking sector, the action plan for assistance in creating effective controls and legal framework.
"National Bank of Ukraine welcomes the signing of the memorandum and the efforts of the EBRD to support capital market development in Ukraine. This is one of the highest priorities in reforming the country's financial sector, which is supported by a program of financial sector of Ukraine 2020,” as stated by the press center of National Bank.
As reported earlier, head of the EBRD in Ukraine Shevki Adzhuner said that the bank is ready to support the financial sector Ukraine.
EBRD Trade Facilitation Program is works with eight Ukrainian banks. Currently the program provided 1.5 bln EUR to support trade operations in Ukraine.
In 2010 the EBRD launched the initiative (Local Currency and Capital Markets Initiative), expected to stimulate the lending operations in local currencies, and the development of local capital markets. The initiative also aims to mobilize local domestic funding sources, reducing dependence on foreign currency lending and currency risks.
Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125 26 October, 14:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case