Creditors hailed the offer of a small amount of debt relief to Ukraine
Debt payment looms is 5% - Bloomberg
“The investment firm and three other bondholders this week offered the eastern European nation a small amount of debt relief, the first time they’ve entertained the possibility of a writedown on their principal holdings. The size of the so-called haircut they proposed is 5 percent, a person familiar with the negotiations said on Thursday,” reported Bloomberg.
For the last month Ukraine asked the creditors about 40% debt payment looms.
“The restructuring deal will probably end with a principal cut of about 35 percent and a 4 percent reduction in interest payments,” writes Bloomberg with reference to the experts.
This came to light just two days after Pioneer Investments, which oversees $244 billion in assets, now holds about $75 million of Ukraine debt after buying more bonds last week, as reported by WSJ.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars