58 Ukrainian banks are under liquidation
8 of them have become insolvent and illiquid to meet their liabilities
During the years 2014-2015 the National Bank of Ukraine adopted 58 decisions referring to the category of insolvent banks, 25 of which - in 2015. During the above period 52 banks faced revoking the banking licenses and liquidation procedure, 33 of which took place in 2015. “Also in 2015 a decision on eliminating of two banks (JSC "Bank Morskyi"and OAO "CHBRR"), whose licenses were withdrawn in 2014,” according to the statement.
As of October 5, 121 bank (excluding insolvent banks) are operating in Ukraine. 39 of them are banks with foreign capital.
Ukraine has attracted the German government-owned development bank (KfW) loan of 200 mln EUR to support the Fund Deposit Guarantee. Ukrainian Minister of Finance Natalia Jaresko reported that it will allow millions of ordinary citizens to get their deposits from troubled banks within the state-guaranteed amount, and also help restore the banking system of our country.
Recalling, today National Bank has decided to revoke the banking license and eliminate the JSC "Delta Bank".
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case