50 mln EUR were spent for restoration of Donbas infrastructure
Ukraine plans to modernize railway infrastructure to withdraw the rolling stock and take out goods from the eastern regions
Ukrainian Ministry of Infrastructure has spent 50 mln EUR, which came as a loan from German parliament, for restoration of Donbas.
“The credit from the German government for the restoration of infrastructure in Donbas is provided as a part of intergovernmental Memorandum of Understanding. The Ministry of Infrastructure plans to purchase two mobile traction substations needed for restoration of the railway infrastructure on the territory controlled by the Ukrainian authorities in the eastern region of the country. Restoration of railway lines will allow withdrawing the rolling stock and taking out goods from the region, in particular, the coal needed for winterizing Ukrainian power plants,” as stated the press office of the Ministry.
Ukrainian side suggests using part of the funds for the restoration and modernization of 2TE116 broad gauge double diesel locomotives. This model of diesel locomotive to be used for the export of goods from the temporarily occupied the Donetsk Basin. The participants agreed on the elaborating of detailed costing of the repair work. The monitoring should be exercised by both sides.
In April 2015 the Government of Germany and Ukraine signed a Memorandum of Understanding and the provision of misuse of credit in the amount of 500 mln EUR. The funds are to be spent on restoration and modernization of eastern Ukraine, including constructing the new objects.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas