Ukrainian song all over the world
Have you ever heard all-known "Choral of Bells”? It`s a famous American Carol. Although, not so many people know that the music came to United States from Ukraine
The lyrics belong to Ukrainian composer Mycola Leontovish.
He was the one who created the melody. In Ukraine it`s also known as “Schedric” and children sing it all the time during New Year Holidays in Ukraininan language.
Mycola Leontovich was just a teacher at school, until in 1916 his melody was sang by students of Kyiv National University. Since then he became very famous in music society.
That was until Bolsheviks came to Ukraine. In 1921 talented composer was killed by a shut of a gun in a house of his father who was a priest. But his heritage still travels aroung the planet as a Christmas Carol.
There are many stories of how the melody appeared in United States. What is known for sure after World war 2, three songs based on “Schedrik” revealed: Ring Christmas Bell (1947), Come, Dance And Sing (1957) and Carol Of The Bells (1972), another version of the same old song.
On the Internet, especially for Christmas, this song usually in top requests. Ut till now this song probably is the biggest donation of Ukraine into cultural heritage of the world.
Christmas Carol by Lviv artsts:?list=RDgBDFMD5kLvc
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- SOCIETY11:33Crimea: zone of lawlessness
- POLITICS17:13More proposals than complaints: Ukrainians' appeals to Parliament - infographics
- UA & EU16:22Netherlands rejects EU-Ukraine deal: What will happen to the Ukraine’s AA?
- UA & EU14:20EU increases trade protection: Сonsequences for Ukraine
- POLITICS13:015 versions of the mysterious deaths in unrecognized LPR republic
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:45Escalation at Mariupol direction: Russian blackmail and unwillingness to fulfill agreement
- SOCIETY23:15The Great Ukrainian: Biography of Bogdan Hawrylyshyn
- POLITICS22:00Support without protection: What forms the US policy on Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:28Ukrainian military administrations: Donbas experience now in Kherson region
- Economics12:09Nine beacons from IMF: Will Ukraine receive the next tranche?
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case