Ukrainian cuisine: Be careful counting dishes
There is Christmas tradition in Ukraine: twelve dishes on the table
Ukrainians believe Christmas table has to consist of twelve dishes. Mostly it is Ukrainian food. It`s delicious and very vivid
Probably the most famous Ukrainian dish. It`s a soup, made of meet, potatoes and beet. That’s why it has red color and usually served with sour cream.
They are dumplings stuffed with a variety of delicious fillings. In Ukrainian houses, the smell of Christmas in not only not cinnamon and apple spice, but the aromas of onions and mushrooms simmering in butter.
Also vareniki can be sweet, with cherries for example.
It’s also known as stuffed cabbage, but not like any stuffed cabbage you’ve ever had. This is something every Ukrainian family makes. Usually gulubtsi are stuffed with meet or potatoes.
This is simply a yeast-raised bread dough fried in oil and flavored with garlic salt or oil. These puffs are excellent served in baskets as appetizers or with soups. You can also roll them in sugar as for doughnuts.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- SOCIETY20:10Ukraine’s medical system: Nocebo effect
- POLITICS13:09Crimean Tatar autonomy in terms of the law
- UKRAINE TOP 23:17Normandy talks: Reaction of the social media
- POLITICS22:15New sanctions against Russia. Persons, businesses and their penalties
- POLITICS19:24World fact-check: How to check the statements of Trump and Clinton
- POLITICS21:53Six months of premiership: Best quotes of Volodymyr Groysman
- UKRAINE TOP 13:42Crimea has nothing to do with Ukraine: myth or reality?
- UA & EU21:02Closed sky: why Ukraine has not joined European Common Aviation Area?
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:36Militant "Motorola" killed in Donetsk: What is leader of "Sparta" gang known for?
- POLITICS10:08October 14: Ukraine’s far-right Intercession
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars