Ukraine at the Olympics-2016: canoeing and sailing
Victoria Us became the first Ukraine's representative at the Olympic Games in slalom competitions
Rowing is one of those Olympic disciplines where Ukrainians traditionally compete for the medals.
Quad - Ivan Dovgodko, Dmytro Mykhai, Artem Morozov, Olexander Nadtoka
Quad - Verkhoglyad Daria, Olena Buryak, Anastasia Kozhenkova, Eugenia Nimchenko
Ukrainian men's quad has beaten a new world record at the World Championships in 2014. But in 2015, it managed to take eighth place, which, however, allowed, to win the Olympic license. Our rowers became the sixth at the European championship.
Ukraine’s female quad was also successful at the London Olympics; it has already won a bronze medal at the last European Championship and the World Cup.
Ukrainians cannot be among the Olympics favorites, because the female quad was formed little time ago, and the male quad is very unstable.
Rowing and canoeing
Canoe Single 200m - Yuriy Cheban
Canoe Single 1000m - Pavlo Altukhov
Canoe-deuce 1000m - Taras Mishchuk-Yanchuk Dmytro
Kayak Four 500m - Anastasiya Todorova, Maria Povkh Svetlana Ahadova Inna Grischun
Oleg Kuharik - Vitaly Tsurkan Kayak deuce 1000m
Our main hope in canoeing is Yuriy Cheban, London Olympic champion and Beijing bronze medalist. There has been a decline in his career during the last years. Cheban ranked only 9th place at the World Cup-2015. After the Games in Rio the athlete plans to finish his career.
20-year-old Pavlo Altukhov became Cheban’s successor; he won the bronze medal at the European Championship. The Olympics in Rio would be a good start for him.
Women’s quad of Anastasiya Todorova, Maria Povkh, Svitlana Ahadova, and Inna Grischun also brought gold medals from this World Cup in Duisburg and at the European Championship in 2015 became the second.
Kayak single - Victoria Us
Victoria Us became the first Ukraine's representative at the Olympic Games in slalom competitions.
Pavlo Matsuev/Borys Shvets
In 2013, windsurfer Olexander Tugarev has won two of the three starting regattas. According to the results of the championship, Olexander took the 12th place among the world's elite and has received the title of master of sports of international class.
After invariable leader of the adult national team of Ukraine, Maxim Oberemko from Crimea began to play for Russia, leadership and the Olympic license moved to Tugarev. Now Tugarev is number 54th in the world ranking.
Pavlo Matsuev and Borys Shved made the race in 470 sailing. After the first nine races, they scored the same amount of points with the Italians Matteo Kapurro and Matteo Puppe, but the results of the additional indicators were higher than their main competitors had.
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Ukraine defeats Kosovo 3-0 10 October, 10:38
Fury: ‘Why would I fear Klitschko?’ 10 October, 15:10
Football: We’re able to surprise Ukraine, - Kosovo coach 5 October, 14:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:45Escalation at Mariupol direction: Russian blackmail and unwillingness to fulfill agreement
- SOCIETY23:15The Great Ukrainian: Biography of Bogdan Hawrylyshyn
- POLITICS22:00Support without protection: What forms the US policy on Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:28Ukrainian military administrations: Donbas experience now in Kherson region
- Economics12:09Nine beacons from IMF: Will Ukraine receive the next tranche?
- UA & EU23:47Years of expectations: Ukraine could get visa-free regime on November 24, 2016
- Economics15:11Reconfiguring Ukrainian budget: salaries of the MPs increased
- UA & EU13:16From Germany to Malta: How EU countries are supporting Ukraine’s transformation
- SOCIETY20:10Ukraine’s medical system: Nocebo effect
- POLITICS13:09Crimean Tatar autonomy in terms of the law
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas