Sharing a trip: who is responsible for our safety?
Law enforcers are repeatedly finding the missing people who have used the Internet travel services
In Kyiv region, for more than a week continues the search for Taras Pozdnyakov, who was driving Audi A6 from Lviv on 4 April, together with his fellow travelers, whom he took on the popular BlaBlaCar service.
Relatives, friends of aras, law enforcement officers, dog handlers, volunteers threw all their forces out to find Taras. But, unfortunately, law enforcement officers found a car that was driving Taras. Audi A6 found in Novoselki village Kyiv-Svyatoshinsky area.
"Law enforcement officers were searching all the time. Public organizations, indifferent residents of the Kyiv region helped them. But there were some "interested" persons who provided false information, guiding the police to the wrong direction," told the police.
Currently the man is declared wanted.
Law enforcers are repeatedly finding the missing people who have used the Internet travel service.
"When you are searching for the driver or fellow travelers on the Internet or on the street, you cannot be sure that this person has not received the drivers’ license just yesterday, he is not a drug addict or a thug. People mostly rely are hoping on random. We caution, but few listen to us. We had such cases that several people were taken into the forest, robbed and thrown," told the police.
Indeed, using popular online services, whether BlaBlaCar (Internet search service for travel) or order taxi service, it is worth remembering that this is a site that provides an opportunity to find travel companions or the driver, but which it does not bear any responsibility for the quality of and even more so for your safety. These services only save you time and make life more comfortable, but you are responsible on your safety.
Not as rare cases, there are attacks on taxi passengers. Taxi market in Ukraine is practically not regulated and rarely passengers require a drivers’ license. Now, in fact, anyone who has a license and a car can be working as a taxi driver. In addition, in this sphere of services came many laypersons who are forced to earn money this way, and they are not always patriotic and can hurt not only your feelings, but also cause physical damage if the dispute goes too far.
Law enforcers advise to use the services of transport, which are licensed, monitored by the transport companies. Then, in the case of an accident or disappearance, you can check it. This is your little guarantee safety. In other cases, you don’t have such a guarantee.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
- POLITICS17:13More proposals than complaints: Ukrainians' appeals to Parliament - infographics
- UA & EU16:22Netherlands rejects EU-Ukraine deal: What will happen to the Ukraine’s AA?
- UA & EU14:20EU increases trade protection: Сonsequences for Ukraine
- POLITICS13:015 versions of the mysterious deaths in unrecognized LPR republic
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:45Escalation at Mariupol direction: Russian blackmail and unwillingness to fulfill agreement
- SOCIETY23:15The Great Ukrainian: Biography of Bogdan Hawrylyshyn
- POLITICS22:00Support without protection: What forms the US policy on Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:28Ukrainian military administrations: Donbas experience now in Kherson region
- Economics12:09Nine beacons from IMF: Will Ukraine receive the next tranche?
- UA & EU23:47Years of expectations: Ukraine could get visa-free regime on November 24, 2016
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case