Feedback
More proposals than complaints: Ukrainians' appeals to Parliament - infographics

Author : 112.ua

17:13, 26 October 2016
More proposals than complaints: Ukrainians' appeals to Parliament - infographics

Author : 112.ua

Most of issues raised in received and processed appeals related to rule of law and law enforcement in Ukraine

17:13, 26 October 2016
112 Agency

Read the original article at 112.ua

Ukrainian parliamentary department on citizens appeals summed up all the applications of Ukrainians to the main legislative body of the country in the first nine months of 2016 year. According to published on Parliament’s website reports, during January-September 2016 Ukrainian parliament has received 61.6 thousand  proposals, applications and complaints of citizens, which is 19.6% less than in the same period of 2015 (76.6 thousand).

Most applications in January-September this year were received by structural subdivisions of Ukrainian parliament - 46.9 thousand, or 76% of the total. Parliamentary committees (10.6 thousand applications, or 17%) were ranked the second place. And in the third place are Parliamentary factions and groups (4,2 thousand appeals, or 7%). To the leadership of the Parliament over the past nine months have addressed 1.6 thousand people (almost 3% of the total number of appeals to Parliament), of which to the Speaker of the legislature -631 people.

Among the parliamentary committees, the leader in the number of received complaints was the Committee on Preventing and Combating Corruption (1988 complaints, 23%). Second and third places were taken by the Committee on Legal Policy and Justice (1561 treatment, 18%) and the Committee on Legislative Support of Law Enforcement (1409 complaints, 17%). And the three anti-leaders are - Special control commission on Privatization (41 treatment), Committee on Fuel and Energy Complex, Nuclear Policy and Nuclear Safety (58 complaints) and the Committee on Transport (70 applications).

As for the appeals to political forces in parliament, most proposals, applications and complaints of Ukrainians were addressed to three opposition factions - Samopomich Association (943 appeals), Oleh Lyashko Radical Party (875 appeals) and Batkivshchyna Ukrainian Association (745 appeals). Petro Poroshenko's Bloc in 9 months of 2016 has received 474 appeals, Opposition Bloc - 433, Narodnyi Front Party - 358. Much rarer Ukrainians addressed to the members of Vidrodzhennia Parliamentary Group and the Volia Narodu Group (189 and 188 appeals respectively).

As noted in structural subdivisions of Ukrainian parliament, 62% of the requests were sent to the Parliament by traditional means of communication – in particular, by mail. In 15% of cases citizens addressed to legislators through electronic means, in 14% - at personal appointments.

The vast majority of all appeals constitutes applications (petitions) - 49.8 thousand (about 81%). The remaining 19% is divided between complaints (9.3 thousand) and proposals (2.5 thousand).

Almost 88% of the appeals received by Ukrainian parliament in January-September 2016, were sent individually, 12% - collectively. In most cases, the initiators were men (65%).

The situation in the context of the categories of authors of appeals looks also very interesting. Thus, the vast majority of the initiators (86%) do not belong to socially vulnerable groups or to the privileged categories of the population. A similar picture is regarding the social situation of authors: about 60% of complaints were received from individuals who do not belong to any of the standard categories.

More than one third of all complaints were received from Kyiv (26%) and Kharkiv region (10%).

According to Ukrainian parliamentary system, in appeals of Ukrainians received in January-September this year, were raised about 63 thousand different issues. 43% of them related to ensuring the rule of law, the rights and freedoms of citizens, 17% - activities of Parliament, President and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, 10% - social protection.

Related: Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading

Related: Ukraine's Parliament to regulate mental health care issue

Related: Ukraine's Parliament has to urge Netherlands to ratify AA with EU

Topics:
Система Orphus

If you find an error, highlight the desired text and press Ctrl + Enter, to tell about it

Comments
see more