Innovations in the Ukrainian schools
Ministry of Education has prepared a pleasant surprise: no hometasks for weekends, holidays, and vacations
Knowledge assessment of the Ukrainian primary school pupils (1-4 grades) from September 1 this year will be conducted in accordance with the new recommendations of the Ministry of Education. The Ministry has reduced curricular activities and made the learning process more interesting.
According to the new program, the first graders would not have home tasks at all.
Pupils of the second grade would get homework, which could be done in 45 minutes. The third graders would spend no more than 70 minutes for preparation to the school, and children in the fourth grade – less than 90 minutes.
Also, the pupils would not have any homework for weekends, holidays, and vacations.
Knowledge assessment would be verbal, without putting marks:
- In the first grade – all standard objects;
- In the second grade it would depend on the decision of the school teachers' meeting;
- In 2-4 grades – for Informatics, Music, Fine Arts, Health Fundamentals, Physical Education, and Home Economics;
The results (marks) would become confidential, accessible only to the child and her parents. The mark can be expressed verbally or in points, contains a value judgment of the teacher, and is a reflection of the child's achievements, not his failures.
The document also defines the criteria of objectivity and accuracy of the assessment.
The mark for keeping the notebook, which took into consideration calligraphy of the pupil, is removed. The teacher might comment the general condition of the notebook.
To reduce the psychological stress of the first graders during formation of their writing skills, they are recommended to use a pencil. They might fix the mistakes by using an eraser or by strikethrough.
September 1, 394 thousand children to go to school in Ukraine. 3.8 thousand teachers rates to be cut in terms of optimization of the school network in Ukraine.
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- SOCIETY20:10Ukraine’s medical system: Nocebo effect
- POLITICS13:09Crimean Tatar autonomy in terms of the law
- UKRAINE TOP 23:17Normandy talks: Reaction of the social media
- POLITICS22:15New sanctions against Russia. Persons, businesses and their penalties
- POLITICS19:24World fact-check: How to check the statements of Trump and Clinton
- POLITICS21:53Six months of premiership: Best quotes of Volodymyr Groysman
- UKRAINE TOP 13:42Crimea has nothing to do with Ukraine: myth or reality?
- UA & EU21:02Closed sky: why Ukraine has not joined European Common Aviation Area?
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:36Militant "Motorola" killed in Donetsk: What is leader of "Sparta" gang known for?
- POLITICS10:08October 14: Ukraine’s far-right Intercession
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars