How Parliament deprived immunity of MP Onyshchenko
To arrest Onishchenko they have to find him first
Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine agreed to criminal prosecution, detention and arrest of the MP Oleksandr Onyshchenko on July 5.
Onyshchenko is suspected of making a number of criminal offenses against public safety and property and in the area of performance management from January 2013 to January 2016. General Prosecutor’s Office of Ukraine accuses him of creating a criminal organization for the purpose of taking possession of another's property on a large scale. There were 20 people in the group in a different time periods, as well as unidentified persons, including a number of officials of PJSC "Ukrgasvydobuvannya". The authorities arrested 12 persons involved in the "gas business". Ten of them received a preventive measure – the detention and an alternative mortgage, the total of which exceeds $40.3 million. The court pledged the eleventh detainee of $201.5 million and obliged to wear an electronic bracelet.
"The aim of this criminal organization was the misappropriation of funds received from the sale of natural gas produced by operators of joint venture companies under joint activity agreement with PJSC "Ukrgasvydobuvannya", Prosecutor General reports.
As a result Onyshchenko actions and the criminal organization controlled by him, developed through the implementation of the criminal plan, he got the funds of "Ukrgasvydobuvannya" in the amount of more than $64.5 million.
The Prosecutor’s Office opened the criminal proceedings under 4 articles of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
The deputies voted for 3 separate rulings on Onyshchenko: for bringing him to justice, detention and arrest. 275 deputies voted for the criminal prosecution of Onyshchenko, for the arrest and detention - 265 and 263 deputies respectively.
Onyshchenko filed a lawsuit in the Court in Kyiv the GPU and the NABU on protection of honor and reputation. He also believed that the Parliament will not vote for his arrest due to lack of evidence, and promised to return from Georgia on July 4 on the eve of consideration of the submission of his arrest.
Border Service reported that on Onyshchenko left Ukraine on a plane to Minsk on July 2.
On the morning of the vote Onyshchenko said he would not return to Ukraine and will not appear in the parliament. He argues that it "was framed and dumped". Anti-corruption prosecutor Nazar Holodnytsky confirmed the MP is abroad.
Onyshchenko’s lawyer Olga Prosenyuk announced its intention to appeal the decision of the parliament. MP himself said that he was in Austria, where he was preparing for the Olympics. Lutsenko hopes that if Onyshchenko appears in Brazil, he will be arrested.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:45Escalation at Mariupol direction: Russian blackmail and unwillingness to fulfill agreement
- SOCIETY23:15The Great Ukrainian: Biography of Bogdan Hawrylyshyn
- POLITICS22:00Support without protection: What forms the US policy on Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:28Ukrainian military administrations: Donbas experience now in Kherson region
- Economics12:09Nine beacons from IMF: Will Ukraine receive the next tranche?
- UA & EU23:47Years of expectations: Ukraine could get visa-free regime on November 24, 2016
- Economics15:11Reconfiguring Ukrainian budget: salaries of the MPs increased
- UA & EU13:16From Germany to Malta: How EU countries are supporting Ukraine’s transformation
- SOCIETY20:10Ukraine’s medical system: Nocebo effect
- POLITICS13:09Crimean Tatar autonomy in terms of the law
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas