Vyshyvanka Day in Ukraine: ornament of the ages
Here you can find the most amazing motives of Ukrainian embroidery
Almost every nation has some things that clearly reflect its special national tradition. Embroidery is a vivid example and proof of it. History of embroidery reaches its origins in ancient times. Yet according to the famous Greek historian, geographer and traveler Herodotus dress of the Scythians had embroidered elements. Scythians lived in our lands from about the 9th century BC until about the 1st century BC. The famous Arab traveler of X century also recalls Rus' people, who wore embroidered clothes. The current research reveal that, for example, silver plaques with figures of men were found in Cherkasy, dating VI century. These researches also revealed the identity of clothing and embroidery ornament of Ukrainian national costume (XVIII-XIX centuries).
Ukraine’s Embroidery Day is unofficial and relatively new national holiday, designed for promoting unity and cultural revival of all multinational Ukrainian people. It is celebrated on the third Thursday of May. In 2016 the Embroidery Day is held on the 19th of May.
Here we found the most amazing motives of Ukrainian embroidery, which has many variations from region to region, from village to village. Embroided elements decorate modern clothes, it is a part of Ukrainian fashion.
In Kyiv March of heroes' glory is over 14 October, 18:33
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
IMF mission to arrive in Ukraine on October 26 17 October, 19:03
Kyiv not to congratulate Putin on his birthday, - Peskov 7 October, 20:15
- SOCIETY20:10Ukraine’s medical system: Nocebo effect
- POLITICS13:09Crimean Tatar autonomy in terms of the law
- UKRAINE TOP 23:17Normandy talks: Reaction of the social media
- POLITICS22:15New sanctions against Russia. Persons, businesses and their penalties
- POLITICS19:24World fact-check: How to check the statements of Trump and Clinton
- POLITICS21:53Six months of premiership: Best quotes of Volodymyr Groysman
- UKRAINE TOP 13:42Crimea has nothing to do with Ukraine: myth or reality?
- UA & EU21:02Closed sky: why Ukraine has not joined European Common Aviation Area?
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:36Militant "Motorola" killed in Donetsk: What is leader of "Sparta" gang known for?
- POLITICS10:08October 14: Ukraine’s far-right Intercession
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars