15 years lengths karaoke on the central street
On Sunday morning on the main street of Kyiv people gather together… to sing
They do it for about 15 years, since the program called “Karaoke on Maidan” started to exist.
The indispensible host is Igor Kondratiyk. He started this program and made it so exiting.
Usually people all over Ukraine come to see the capital. One of the sight-seeings is karaoke.
On Sunday morning walking down Khreschatyk you can spot a bunch of people. They all gathered around big circle. In the circle is Igor Kondratiyk. When the music starts he gives microphone to the people in the crown and choses those singing well. The whole thing is broadcasted on one of Ukrainian channels.
Tanya came to Kyiv to show her 11 years old daughter Ukrainian capital. They will be back at home in two days.
“Nina, my daughter, sings very well. And while I wanted to show her all the beautiful places of Kyiv she wanted to be here, on Khreschatyk, simply to take a look on it. She is not going to sing. She is very shy. But I think is simply too young”, - says Tanya.
For Ukrainians this program is part of the history. It is very live. And what`s interesting is in the finale people can get a really good presents, like TV`s or cars. So it makes young and old singers to strive to sing better and work harder to become real winners
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- SOCIETY20:10Ukraine’s medical system: Nocebo effect
- POLITICS13:09Crimean Tatar autonomy in terms of the law
- UKRAINE TOP 23:17Normandy talks: Reaction of the social media
- POLITICS22:15New sanctions against Russia. Persons, businesses and their penalties
- POLITICS19:24World fact-check: How to check the statements of Trump and Clinton
- POLITICS21:53Six months of premiership: Best quotes of Volodymyr Groysman
- UKRAINE TOP 13:42Crimea has nothing to do with Ukraine: myth or reality?
- UA & EU21:02Closed sky: why Ukraine has not joined European Common Aviation Area?
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:36Militant "Motorola" killed in Donetsk: What is leader of "Sparta" gang known for?
- POLITICS10:08October 14: Ukraine’s far-right Intercession
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars